Friday, January 9, 2015

Just throwing more tips around

This is just a short list of tips I wrote last year. These, by the way, are lists I originally made on my Tumblr. I figure they may do some good on here.

Let's just get right into it. Your characters need to be dynamic. They need to seem like they could be real people and not robots. Make them cruel. Make them compassionate. Make them individuals. Make them real and remember events they go through will effect them. Character development sheets can help out a lot with this. Just look up “Character development sheet” on google and go. After that, you can write out their characteristics and make it come to life and apply it to your writing.

If you aren’t going to make an outline, at least go into it with at least a basic understanding of what the piece will be about. I made the mistake of just going at it and I paid for it. I had to do so much editing to make something of my first book because I had no idea what I was going to write about. So, please, at least think your story through. Once you have the major details worked out, you can deal with minor details later.

I’m not sure of the amount of people that pay attention to small details, but personally, I think you should make sure there are no holes in the story. When I read books, a lot of the time I’ll notice holes in a story and they’re usually small details but it bothers me that people are that careless. Fill in holes. Make sense of what you’re writing.

That's it for now. I'll post more another time. Have a nice day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment