Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Just a quick less technical tip

Ok, so lately I’ve been having some issues. Issues being… I feel like everything I do is mediocre. I sat around all day moping, wishing I were better at somethingAnything, really. And after a few hours of this, I thought about where I started.
My writing was tantamount to the writings of a bored, eighteen-year-old’s attempt at writing… Well, "tantamount" is putting it lightly since that's exactly what it was. It was my senior year and I had just come into my love for reading. I had plenty of time on my hands so why not? I didn't note what it was going to be about. I didn't outline. I just... went for it. Oh, what a mess it was.
Three years later and my writing has gotten better. I don’t know how much better, but better, nonetheless. 
So, really, my tip is just don’t give up because you feel like you’re failing. Practice makes perfect. Reading doesn’t hurt either. If you feel like you are at a dead end, read. Read until you are nearly frantic to get back to your writing. 
If you’re serious about your writing, understand that it isn’t just something you jump into and are magically good at. It takes time-- years-- to understand and there is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment