Thursday, June 11, 2015

"Tails for Pouncing."

So about a month ago, I was at Hastings in Conway, Arkansas with my best friend and there was a woman with a little table set up in the front, doing a signing. At first, I was feeling a bit anti-social, so we sort of just skipped over the area.

I was telling my friend about how awful I had seen some authors get treated in that particular store in the past and in doing so, I had convinced her to talk to the lady. So on we went to the little table in the front.


As it turns out, her name is Karen Hill and she's a really nice lady.



She wrote Cat Tails along with My Peekaboo Moon. Now, as you can tell by the names, they're children's books which generally isn't my cup of tea. But the artwork for My Peekaboo Moon had caught my eyes.







She went on to tell us about the illustrators and her inspiration for the books. It was a pretty pleasant meeting and if you are interested in buying children's books, these two are ones you should look into.

And if you are looking for other writers/authors of the genre to befriend or simply talk to, you should try getting a hold of her. She has a website called cattailsandfriends.com Just click the link and you're there. You'll find contact information there.

No comments:

Post a Comment